International Olympiad of Mathematics (IOM)
The International Olympiad of Mathematics (IOM), based on CBSE/ ICSE and state boards, is held annually at National and International levels. IOM is a test of competence and proficiency in Mathematics. A comprehensive report of Olympiad examination enables students to get deep insight into their strengths and weaknesses. It also motivates them towards excellence.
Benefits of IOM Exam
This exam offers many benefits like:
- A student can analyze himself or herself at a different level by giving the IOM Olympiad exam.
- After a successful examination, each student is given a Student performance report that helps the students analyze their weaknesses and robust points at different levels, whether it is a state level, national level, or zonal level.
- With this exam, a student can gain in-depth knowledge of Math concepts.
- The language medium is English only. The examination is being conducted from 1st to 12th with the following details.
- For Classes 1-2: 25 questions and the duration will be of 40 Minutes.
- For Classes 3-5: 30 questions and the duration will be of 40 Minutes.
- For Classes 6-8: 35 questions and the duration will be of 40 Minutes.
- For Classes 9-12: 40 questions and the duration will be of 50 Minutes.
- For offline examination, the details of the exam pattern will be sent with the question papers. From grade 3rd onward OMR answer sheets will be provided. The instructions will be provided online for online examination,
- The questions will be of objective type with multiple choice answers with no negative marking.
- Each class shall be given separate question paper.
Marking scheme is as below
Raw Score is calculated from the total of multiplying each correct answer with its base marks. i.e. Raw Score = SUM (correct answer X subsequent base Marks).
Total Marks = Raw Score plus SUM (Weightage of Correct Answers).
Weightage : Each Question has an additional weightage starting from .0001, .0002 and so on. E.g. Q. No. 1 will have the weightage of .0001 and Q. No. 2 will have the weightage of .0002 and so on.
The weightage will be utilized to break the tie while calculating Class/Zonal/Olympiads ranks.
For Olympiad rank, all Students from India and Abroad of the same class are included.
For class rank, all students from all sections/division of the same class of the same school are included.
For more details, Please visit the link https://www.silverzone.org/ or contact Indian Online School at +91-7993461226.