Singapore & Asian Schools Math Olympiad (SASMO)
Started in 2006, SASMO is one of the largest math contests in Asia. SASMO has grown from 155 local participants in 2006 to more than 20, 000 participants from 19 countries in SASMO 2016.
The SASMO team with the support of Advisory Council is carefully developing papers which will touch on both school and Olympiad math. This allows students to do better compared to pure-Olympiad papers. Participation of students in SASMO will help them to improve in school mathematics as well as Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS).
- Include both school and Olympiad Math thereby enhancing the thinking skills
- Preparing the students to face higher level competition.
SASMO Test Format
SASMO is open to students from Grade 1 to Grade 12. The duration of the test is 90 minutes for all grades. Paper contains 25 questions within 2 sections:
Type of question
Number of questions
Marks per question
No marks for unanswered question.
1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
No penalty for wrong answers
to avoid negative scores, each student will begin with 15 points
Singapore School- there are two options to register
– Option A (Manual Registration)
- School will send the parent invitation letter to the parents to register
- The parents will pay fees directly to school.
- Teacher can download the registration form to fill in the student information. Completed form need to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org .
– Option B (Webform Registration)
- SIMCC will create the SIMCC registration webform for the school and the parents can pay the fees ONLINE through credit card/debit card.
- Teacher can email the queries relation to webform to email@example.com and SIMCC marketing executive will get back to you.
- School will send the invitation letter to the parents for registration. An automatic email can be configured to inform the school whenever someone register for the competition.
- School can also login to our portal for the registration summary.
Private Candidate Registration
The students can register for the competition from SASMO portal
International Candidate Registration
Please contact your Country Partner. If you not able to find your country partner, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards for students
Perfect Score Award- Perfect scorers will receive a Perfect Score Award and $100 voucher each, up to a maximum of $5000 for all the perfect scorers. If there are more than 50 perfect scorers, the $5000 will be divided among all the perfect scorers.
Top 40% of the students will receive an award certificate and a medal as below:
- Gold Award: for top 8% of the students
- Silver Award: for next 12% of the students
- Bronze Award: for next 20% of the students