National Science Olympiad (NSO)
SOF is conducting the NSO Olympiad (National Science Olympiad) exam every year by SOF to check out the scientific, logical, and reasoning ability of the students. Student of class 1st to 12th are eligible to give this exam.
Benefits of NSO Olympiad Exam
- Each student will received Student performance report that helps the students analyze their strength and weaknesses at different levels, whether it is a state level, national level, or zonal level.
- In-depth knowledge of science concepts.
NSO is generally a two-level exam
Test is conducted in the respective schools of the participants during school hours.
- There are 35 objective-type (Multiple Choice) questions for class 1 to class 4 and 50 objective-type (Multiple Choice) questions for class 5 to class 12 of 60 minutes duration.
- The question paper consists of three sections:
- For Class 1 to Class 10
- Section 1: Logical Reasoning
- Section 2: Science
- Section 3: Achievers Section
- For Class 11 and Class 12
- Section 1: Physics/Chemistry
- Section 2: Achievers Section
- Section 3: Mathematics/Biology
- For Class 1 to Class 10
- Separate question papers for each date of Exam.
- English is the Medium of the test.
- Test paper are prepared based on CBSE, ICSE/ISC and State Board syllabus.
Applicable for students of class 3 to class 12. The qualification criteria to reach to second round is as mentioned below:
- Top 5% of candidates, class wise, who appear in the 1st level exam. If there is tie of marks, due weightage to marks scored in different sections will be given. Each section is accorded separate weightage.
- Top 25 rank holders class wise & Zone wise.
- Class topper where at least 10 students from a class appear in the exam & scores 50% qualifying marks. If registration is received section wise, top rank holder, irrespective of section will qualify for the 2nd level and in section wise registrations, winner(s) of gold medal may not necessarily qualify for the second level.
How to participate
Registration of Students
Student of class 1st to 12th can participate in the exam.
Any school can be registered themselves as a center for SOF NSO Level 1 and there is no fee for the institution to become a registered examination centre.
SOF will send the prospectus containing the Registration forms to all registered schools. Prospectus can also be requested by unregistered schools by sending an e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 0124-4951200. Schools must return the registration forms duly filled and complete in all respects by the due date to SOF
School Registration Form (SRF) and Students’ Registration Sheet (SRS) are filled by school’s coordinating teacher as per the guidelines & should send to the SOF’s office before the due date of submission of forms. Upon receipt of registration form, SOF will register the applicant school and the students. SOF will generate roll numbers as per the Students Registration Sheet (SRS) received from the School.
SOF conducts level 1 exam on three dates and each school may select a date for conducting the NSO as per their convenience. Question paper is different for each date of exam. SOF does not permit the change of date for conducting the exam.
SOF will provide question papers and guidelines for conducting the examination.
Registration fees of Rs 125* (including GST) per student / Olympiad for the schools in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan & Nepal towards cost of examination. Schools has the option to charge an additional Rs 25** per student towards remuneration to teachers to teach and guide, and for other expenses. There is no fees for students suﬀering from any major physical disability, or an Indian student whose parent was martyred during defence operations.
- *US$9 for other countries.
- **US$1 for other countries.
School/student can reach out to SOF through phone-call – 0124-4951200 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for any clarification regarding rules, format/pattern of the paper, etc.
Marking schemes for Level 1 is as below
Marking schemes for Level 2 is as below
For more details, Please visit the link www.sofworld.org or contact Indian Online School at +91-7993461226