International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO)
SOF is conducting the IMO Olympiad (International Mathematics Olympiad) exam every year by SOF to check out the mathematical skills of the students. Student of class 1st to 12th are eligible to give this exam.
Benefits of the IMO exam
- Help in building the skills required to master at mathematical research.
- Develop and strength the reasoning and analytical skill of the students to solve tricky problems.
IMO is generally a two-level exam
- Level 1
- Exam is conducted during the school hours, and it is a 60-minute exam.
- The IMO exam question consists of around four sections: logical reasoning, Mathematical reasoning, Everyday Mathematics and Achievers section. Each section has a different weightage.
- This exam is taken considering the curriculum of CBSE, ICSE/ISC and the state board.
- There are separate question papers for each date of exam.
- Level 2 (applicable for students of class 3 to class 12. The qualification criteria to reach to second round is as mentioned below:)
- At International Level: Top 5% of candidates, class wise, who appear in the 1st level exam internationally.
- At Zone/State Level: Top 25 rank holders from each Zone and each class.
- At School Level: Class topper where at least 10 students from a class appear in the exam & scores at least 50% qualifying marks.
How to participate
Registration of Students
Student of class 1st to 12th can participate in the exam.
Any school can be registered themselves as a center for SOF IMO Level 1 and there is no fee for the institution to become a registered examination centre.
SOF will send the prospectus containing the Registration forms to all registered schools. Prospectus can also be requested by unregistered schools by sending an e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 0124-4951200. Schools must return the registration forms duly filled and complete in all respects by the due date to SOF.
School Registration Form (SRF) and Students’ Registration Sheet (SRS) are filled by school’s coordinating teacher as per the guidelines & should send to the SOF’s office before the due date of submission of forms. Upon receipt of registration form, SOF will register the applicant school and the students. SOF will generate roll numbers as per the Students Registration Sheet (SRS) received from the School.
SOF conducts level 1 exam on three dates and each school may select a date for conducting the IMO as per their convenience. Question paper is different for each date of exam. SOF does not permit the change of date for conducting the exam.
Registration fees of Rs 125* (including GST) per student / Olympiad for the schools in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan & Nepal towards cost of examination. Schools has the option to charge an additional Rs 25** per student towards remuneration to teachers to teach and guide, and for other expenses. There is no fees for students suﬀering from any major physical disability, or an Indian student whose parent was martyred during defence operations.
- *US$9 for other countries.
- **US$1 for other countries.
School/student can reach out to SOF through phone-call – 0124-4951200 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for any clarification regarding rules, format/pattern of the paper, etc.
Marking schemes for Level 1 is as below
Marking schemes for Level 2 is as below
For more details, Please visit the link www.sofworld.org or contact Indian Online School at +91-7993461226