The Olympiad examinations are conducted by various organizations at national and international level. English Olympiad covers CBSE, ICSE, IB and state boards syllabus. The foundation for success is continuous journey which starts at a young age. The English Olympiad Exam enables students to grasp concepts, understand logical and their application. English Olympiad exams give them the edge in schoolwork as well as other competitive examinations.
Benefits of Olympiad English Exams
- Increases aptitude and intelligence
- Puts children in a competitive frame of mind
- Helps develop a love for learning and especially for mathematics
- Helps students adjust better to schoolwork and do better in examinations
- Gives children a clearer understanding of achiever mentality and prepares them for life’s challenges
- Begins a lifelong thirst for knowledge by encouraging independent thought and curiosity.
How to prepare for English Olympiad?
English is often the primary language used in academics. This means that studying English can open up a world of possibilities for future. The English Olympiad examinations are an excellent way to do this. For students the curriculum is geared towards strengthening their fundamentals. There’s an old saying, “a great castle can only be built on a strong foundation”. At Indian OnlineSchool, we understand the importance of a solid base and have structured our entire method of instruction for English Olympiad exams around this tenet. Here’s how you can help your child prepare for the English Olympiad exams.
- Conceptual teaching of English: At Indian Online School, we teach English skills through a focus on grammar, vocabulary, culture and communication. Regular exercise for vocabulary building, picture narration and comprehensions are being given to apply the English concepts. Our goal is not to force students to routine learn, but to empower their curiosity and encourage their understanding of the subject.
- Practice makes perfect: There is no substitute for practice. Once a child grasps a particular concept, constant repetition and revision is the only way to reinforce the concept in their minds. Therefore, constant practice cannot be discounted. The English Olympiad exams are all about the basics and revising and regular practice has the added advantage of making it a good habit for schoolwork and exams in the future.
- Conducting topic-wise mock tests: Mock tests are a great way to ensure that children are truly prepared for the Olympiad examinations. These mock-tests can be done in a topic wise manner. What this helps achieve is the reinforcement of recently learned concepts while still fresh in the mind.
- Sample papers: Olympiad English Exams are as much about speed, familiarity with the syllabus and questions from across topics, as they are about preparation. Whether it is a student in Class 2 or Class 12, familiarity with the format of the exam and an ability to solve the paper quickly and correctly is vital. Therefore, solving sample papers helps familiarize the student with both the format of the paper, and helps him / her pick up their speed in solving the paper. At Indian Online School we constantly test our students with Sample Papers and Papers from previous years.
- The importance of a routine: Routines are the bedrock of a structured and well-prepared study cycle. Therefore, it is important to inculcate this practice into students. Setting a timetable and helping students follow it is extremely important. This allows them to focus intently and intensely for a fixed period of time. It is as much about how they utilize their time as it is about what they do with their study time.